Moyes Urges Everton To Let Baines And Fellaini Join United.

Manchester United manager David Moyes has hinted his old club Everton to allow the duo of Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini to reunite with him at Old Trafford for the good of their career.

Everton have citicised Moyes and United for their £28m joint bid for the pair, which the Merseyside club described as “derisory” on its revelation earlier this week.
Speaking at his pre-game conference on Friday, Moyes, acknowledged his sympathy for the new Everton boss, Roberto Martinez, who is bent on keeping the midfielder and defender, but opined that he would have succumbed to the champions’ pressing on having the two.
“I definitely do (have sympathy for Martinez),” Moyes said. “But I also know that if I was the Everton manager and Sir Alex (Ferguson) had come asking for Baines and Fellaini, I would have found it very difficult to keep them.
I always felt the right thing to do was what was right for the players.
“All we can do is our job here. Roberto is in a new job and I am sure he will get to understand how Everton work. I know exactly how Everton work. I signed every player at Everton.



“I respect Everton greatly and I don’t want to do anything that would in turn affect them.
“Of course, taking their player would affect them but I am certainly only doing what I have to do in my job.”
Moyes also expressed his disappointment with the Goodison Park club for revealing the details of the deal which he said was a “private” offer.
“The bid was probably, from our point of view, a private thing and I guess when we make a new offer we will keep that confidential as well,” the Scot said.
“The transfer window is open and you can say yes or no, it’s as simple as that.”

Comments